Monday 21 November 2011

The Olympics, amateur recording and trapped family friends



So here is the first and flawed step into audio recording.


This was recorded before I got my shiny new Tascam DR-07 audio recorder. I wired a karaoke mic up to a guitar fx pedal (to boost the sound) and used 'free sound recorder'. The interviews were done purely with family friends who were eating at my house. They were all Malaysian or Singaporean, so I did the story on foreigners and who they would support during the Olympics.

I thought I would do it on something fairly simple, just so I could get a basic idea about how come up with an concept, conduct interviews and do some editing.

So there's a fair amount of background noise. Both the recording and content of my voice overs leave much to be desired - but it's a start and I think there were some interesting ideas that were explored in the interviews. I might write a bit more about the piece later, but I'm just too tired to write any more at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment